Monday, June 22, 2009

Goodbye 240!

It has been a while since I blogged about weight and dieting. Not that it hasn't been on my mind..I wish, but I have been pregnant and post pregnant and now it is time!

I might as well be truthful. I gained over 50lbs while pregnant and ended up weighing about 280. It was really hard on me emotionally. That is so close to 300lbs and that make me want to cry. I couldn't even find maternity clothes without A LOT of effort. I would have gained even more if I finished those last 4 weeks of pregnancy. I lost about 25lbs within a few weeks of having Little Miss. I was too big to wear pants that buttoned still and so I started doing the South Beach Diet. After 3-4 days on phase one while nursing I was starving for carbs and decided to go to phase 2. That lasted about two weeks. I got down to 245ish.

And thats where I have been for about three months. That is about 2 lbs more than my biggest weight ever - prepregnancy. Now not only is this way off the charts of obese, but I want more kids. If I got pregnant this heavy..Dear Lord... So its time drop this weight and feel better!

Counting Calories is the only thing that really works for me. I know too much about nutrition to do anything crazy, plus I am still breastfeeding. I want to lose a lb or 2 a week so that it stays off. Well GUESS WHAT! Its working! I am eating a bit more than 2,000 calories a day. I am at 235lbs. ( I have to average, because I can fluctuate 8lbs in a day..)

My Ultimate Goal is to get down to a size 12. I have been a size 14 or higher since.. I dunno 7th grade. But sometimes looking at something so far away can make you unmotivated to get there. So my goal is to weigh 210 by the end of the year. That is less than I weighed when I met my husband. So its a REALLY motivating goal.
Wish me LUCK!

3 comments:

JRo said...

I do wish you luck! Sounds like you have a great goal, and a great plan to get there! I will be cheering for you!

christy rose said...

You can do it! But not on your own! Ask God to help you! His grace is sufficient! He will empower you! You go girl! And I should say right back at me!!!! LOL

T * R * B said...

Yay woot
I will be your cheerleader.