Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cakes and Fitness


Whats on my mind??? Working out and sweets.. go figure eh?
First of all I am taking a cake decorating class with my sister-in-law. It's a lot of fun and just fuels my desire to own a bakery (dunno if I've mentioned that on here) and at the same time it makes me not want to right now. I don't really have the time to spend on it at the moment.  
I keep thinking about it at night when the day is over and I am laying in bed trying my hardest to go to sleep.  I think  I might like to have a specialty bakery for diabetics, people with food allergies, and the rest of us who would love to indulge in sweet wonderfulness but would rather not have the calories, hydrogenated everything, and bleached processed ingredients.  It just sounds like a wonderful idea.  But as ideas go, there are many steps before any sort of reality in this. I have NO recipies for such things LOL! Soo right now I'm going to keep the idea in my head and start figuring out how to make sweets and treats in a healthy way. One step at a time right?

So making massive amounts of icing and scooping up the crisco I can't help but think...wow I really want to treat my body better than this. Which is why the healthy bakery idea started..not to mention the many people I know who can't have the junk... But it also makes me think about my choices of food and exercise.  Right after Katey was born, when I didn't have to work..and before I was cleared to..., I went to the gym a few times and although I couldn't do much it felt great. Then Zack went back to work..and so did I and well things have gotten to the point that I haven't even taken a walk in a while. And well, I really really miss it.  But at the same time I struggle with finding the motivation to do it.  I really don't like leaving my SugarBunny and with work and occasional babysitters to have a date with my husband, and once a week for a couple hours for the cake class... I just feel to awful to leave her again to go to the gym. I feel like I don't have enough time with her as it is, and I'm not sure what to do about it.  
My priorities are imbalanced and I feel it.  So this is my first step.. putting it out there and hopefully I will work out a solution or God will find one for me.. no scratch that.. how about I will let myself trust that God has the perfect path and the strength to find and follow it.  

2 comments:

LoraBelieves said...

Your rainbow is lovely! I used to want to open a resturant that only served yummy, delicious healthy food. I toy with my fantasy of opening a children's art and science museum here, or my favorite idea is to have my own foundation to run and so I could donate to worthy causes. Not too likely, but I dream often. I think we all struggle from time to time finding our course in life with all of it's different seasons, especially at the changes of our seasons. Hope you find your path and God grants you peace in your quest.

christy rose said...

Bre,

Thanks so much for posting your blog on facebook today. I am so glad you did. I like this so much better. So much more info into what is going on in each other's lives. I will be visiting often.

Thanks so much,

Christy