Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How do I love thee..

I can't help it. More than anything else I love little tokens and expressions of love. In this particular case it has to do with a gift. But actions are just as strong if not stronger gifts of love.
    My husband doesn't like holidays, celebrations and birthdays; well its not that he doesn't like them, but I think he doesn't like the boundaries put on him. Such as.. you need to buy this person a present, be here on this day at this time and so forth. Once he gets there or if he buys the present he actually enjoys the celebration itself. Knowing that its easy for him to "pass over" buying a gift for me for a holiday, I told him that my first Mother's Day is important to me and flowers or a card or something would be really nice. Maybe its bad to mention it, but I would rather say something than have my feelings hurt.
     But..He doesn't like the flowers/card thing so instead he buys me a present. Something I've really been wanting and decided it cost too much- so he gets me an even more expensive set; not because its expensive, but because it fits me more than the others I was looking at.
I was thrilled, he gave it too me all shy like he does. First, he gave me paper card written in sharpie. And it meant more to me than any Hallmark. then pointed in the other room at my brand new colorful set of mixing bowls!

I told him that I didn't need anything for my birthday, no biggie this year the Mother's day present was plenty! Well this is the point I was getting to. He CANNOT buy a present and wait until the particular day to give it to me. As much as he tries, he can't do it and I just LOVE that about him.
So.. a couple days ago he gets all figitty and tells me he can't wait any longer. I'm like "what?!?". So he gives me my Birthday present, which I totally wasn't expecting, a cute little matching set of measuring cups! Heehehee I love them so much they are so cute and colorful. And I love his little impatient dance and that he gave them to me early!

3 comments:

LoraBelieves said...

That's so sweet! Made me smile.

christy rose said...

Bre,
That was so cute. Aaron is like that too. He can not wait to give a gift either. How sweet!

T * R * B said...

AWWW zack !!!!!!!!!!