Friday, August 27, 2010

White Chocolate Cake.. of Doom



I bought a chocolate cake book that I saw at Williams Sonoma; it has some amazing cake recipes, but honestly I bought it for this cake. This is the most epic cake I have ever made, it didn't have the most decoration but it had the most time effort and love put into it. The taste of the cake batter, and the icing were big moments for me. hehe. I was also feeling photo friendly, so I hope you enjoy.

The cake was the heaviest thing you'll ever pick up. It had 2 pints of whipped cream, 14 ounces
of white chocolate plus the shavings on top, orange zest,
strawberries, happiness. It was a very dense cake kind of like a shortcake, and the icing what white chocolate whipped cream with a bit of orange zest.
Let me say this.. I love buttercream and I normally dislike whipped cream icings on cakes cause they aren't sweet enough. This topped all buttercreams, I could eat this icing on anything. I am grateful to my friend David for loving white chocolate too much and having a birthday and a great excuse to bake this..and eat it. I am glad I bought the book. It is called Chocolate Cakes: 50 Great Cakes for Every Occasion by Elinor Kilvans.

And for the final product!



1 comment:

T * R * B said...

That cake looks great even if I don't like white chocolate. You are great Bre!