Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Big Girl

Katie will be two years old in a little over a week. All those people who say..oh it goes so fast... they are right. When you are an adult you are the same for a long time, but every week for a child is the last time they will be that young- every moment they are changing and becoming who they will be when they grow up. I also feel shocked sometimes when I realize she is turning 2 and not 3 or 4. She is so smart, creative, sweet and loving. She remembers so many peoples names, tries to make sure to tell everyone goodbye and give them hugs when she leaves them. She knows how to play hide and seek and I don't even know where that came from. Electronics and shapes and colors are not too challenging for her. She also makes thoughtful decisions, if you ask her a general question "what do you want for dinner?" she will go "umm... pizza" or "umm... noodles" or "umm ..cereal.french fries..." the list goes on, but to me its amazing that she will answer a question in that manner instead of me having to juts give her two options.
Maybe its just because I am her mom, but she blows my mind. I am proud to be her mom and can't wait to see all of her potential blossom with every growing moment.
A couple stories I don't want to forget...
This last week I got out of the shower and couldn't find her. I walked around the house and found her in my closet- SURROUNDED in her, not yet wrapped, Christmas presents. She looked up and me and squealed "PRINCESS!". At least I know she will like it all. I guess theres quite a few years of finding presents ahead of us.. might as well start early. She also has decided to like Santa Clause. At first she only liked figures and dolls of him, and the man himself freaked her out. We went in line after brunch and she told me she wanted to go back to her chair and buckle it. But after pictures... Santa gave her a present with a pen and paper and candy in it. By the time we left she wanted to go wave and tell him BYE!

3 comments:

Christina said...

It's not just you...The girl is a flippin genius in the making...Hell, I had to sit here and think up how to even spell genius...I still dunno if I got it right...I should ask Katie. She would know!!!

Chelise said...

Katie is so adorable! I don't get to spend much time around her (awe sad panda) and she is so so smart! She is just gonna keep getting smarter and more fun to be around.

I used to hide them in the closet too, now I have stuff delivered to my work and I hide it here until I am ready to wrap it :) (justin is just as bad as Andy about finding prezzies)

T * R * B said...

She is a big girl! good mommies have good kids :)