Friday, August 3, 2007

happy



This is the Simpsons version of me. Today is my 23rd and 2 month birthday!
I am really happy its summer, even if it is sopping wet with humidity. I feel very back to normal and happy again. Im not really sure how long I haven't felt this way but its nice to be myself again. What comes with this is my desire to be social and silly and just play. Which in turn means I have not been so very productive at work. Nor have I done too much of my last couple weeks of homework. But hopefully I will get it all done before my last class on Monday.
I have been working on losing weight for a while now. And well, its not been the easiest thing for me to do. I lose weight on slim-fast, but I get bored after a while and just quit. Really giving up after 2-3 weeks has really been my problem for the last year. I totally crap out and just eat tons, go out to eat all the time and stop thinking about it. Then BAM! I gained the weight back I worked so hard to lose and maybe a little more. I don't have a problem telling people my weight, because well you can see what I look like.. does it really change your opinion of me if you know my exact weight? Maybe if I wore loose clothes all the time but I dont. So... anyways: Last year at this time I lost some weight down to 230. Then last December? my mom and I weighed and measured and I was up to 244. Oh boy was I excited... When I started Slim-fast again I was 241 and lost to 236. Then crapped out again. I tried Alli but I have trouble remembering to take pills at the right time. Now I am down to 232.5. But this time is different. I have slowly changed some of my habits. Im becoming a little more active, eating just a little bit less for dinner, trying to eat quite a bit less for lunch, and begun eating more fruit and veggies. These arent dramatic changes at all, but adding them together has made me have more energy and lose just a few pounds. And now I am actually WANTING to do active things. I rode my bike 5 miles 2 days ago. And I was exhausted, but I LOVED the way I felt when I was done. Especially since my hobbies mostly include going out to eat where I feel horrible for hours afterwards. Im sure the activity and vitamins Im getting from eating fruits and vegetables is a big cause for the improvement of my mood. Its nice to feel myself again and have motivation..even if it is just motivation to play!

1 comment:

*Merry Girls* said...

I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. It really is those small changes that make the difference in the long run. It is easier to be successful (at least for me) to make little changes so I don't feel like I am punishing myself. I am so HAPPY for you!! Five miles way to go!!!! Hang in there